Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Be the one to make the difference, don't lose yourself on the way !!!





I don’t know bout a lot of things in this world, but I do know a few about myself …. I want to make a difference … A friend of mine always talks bout doin something great … but people sometimes fail to understand what great can really be …Money now a days is a highly over- rated asset I feel.... Yes , I agree its imp but….where is the line drawn , where does it stop being not just plain imp and starts becoming our life….

I used to admire my cousin … she was never rich to start with, learnt the hard way …..suddenly overnight , married money …but it didn’t change her for a very long time … I can’t say that anymore and the sad part is that she sincerely believes that she hasn’t still, while anyone around her can see how she has …. I sometimes wonder if that may happen to me and I’m tryin from now not to let it…

Sometimes, we also fail to realize a lot of things ...we see the things we and our loved ones never had … and we want to give them the best … and that’s not a bad thing , but I also feel that when we give the best , we also need to give them a taste of the worst …..

My nieces have never traveled by the BEST bus …always the car … the best schools ..with horse riding , archery, swimming, etc ….I love the fact that I was in a normal school …it kept me grounded in so many ways…. Yes I would love to go horse riding and do archery, I still can …. But some things that are far more valuable to me and have shaped me are our social service trips … I still remember the look of excitement on Roshini’s face when I bought her a piece of chocolate cake …. The thankful smile on the face of the women I went to help in the field in Titwali when she was cuttin the rice …..

Recently a friend made a statement to me “why are you sittin at 2:00 am in the morning and taking this info from me …that too for the f**cking company” … I can’t really remember exactly what I said but I know I said it was important to me …

Everyone is capable of makin a difference … I only wish that the few who wanted to don’t end up losing their way….it just takes one small deed …something that really pinches you… When I said this at an innovation workshop , the trainer smiled and asked me to watch a movie- “Pay it forward” …I have …. I hope I make that same difference… I don’t care if I’m ever remember or no one knows my name…. I just want to make in difference in everything I do and I want to make people do the same.

No comments: