Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lost Moments........


I’m rushing to meet him, the excitement and anticipation is killing me ….. Nearly a month since our last encounter and it feels like ages apart. There are moments I awake in the night and reach out only to see my cat sitting beside me.

Have you ever experienced those really bad days where you just question your existence, moments where all you need to do in sink into a loved ones arms and lie there without uttering a word ???? …… Those are the moments that I miss, but the wait is over……I surprise him ….he been so busy recently, we’ve hardly even had time to have a proper conversation ……….we can also pick up those glasses, my clothes, go to the that place that he raves about to watch the sunset……, oh! and I just wanna have that burger at that ever so famous place………its finally happening,…… I’ll be there in just fo……………..

Why is time standing still? Whats goin on? Who are these people around me?

“Madame, can you hear me?…….can you hear me?…….we need to contact your family ………madame”

I stare at them blankly …….. “family?” ……….

“She’s fading again…….when is it goin to get here….”

“Damn rains, everythin comes to a standstill…….”

“Mumbai me isehi halat hoti hai”

“Every year it’s the same old story, they always say that they’ll do something and every year it’s the same old story……”

“She’s coming to again!!!!..........”

“When is it goin to get here…….. the bleeding just won’t stop…….”

“Try and keep her awake……..”

“Madame…….talk to me!!……what is your name ……..are you from Mumbai ……”

I utter his name, “I need to see him……..”

“I neeeeed tooo…….”

“Madame …..madame …………………….madame………………………………….”.

3 comments:

S said...

remember how u scared me when u had put this down on paper? i had thought it was something which had really occured in ur life...and now u have put this melancholy pic of urs....

gud work dear...hope i get inspired too...

Unknown said...

Nice mix of fact and fiction.Again loved the lucid writing.Love seems to be a recurring theme...

loki said...

hey i can't help it sunil , i'm a hopeless romantic , who is slightly paranoid at times