Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My friend, my lover , my teacher….. Lessons learnt

There are a few people in life that help define our characters, helping us grow and learn about life. Some of us are lucky enough to find them not just once in our lifetime……..a few years ago , you would have seen a hopeless romantic fighting passionately about love , friendship and hope………..sadly today she still fights for the same thing. Maybe, its a select few of us that are still insane or maybe there is a whole breed of us out there…………. I guess I’ll find out soon enough…..

They say that one never really gets over their first love ………I beg to differ.

It’s happened to many of us at some point in life, we ‘fall in love’, falling being the operative word …….. I can’t really help but relate it actually falling down as a kid and bruising that knee for the very first time,……..the way we howled , probably sittin on the ground clutching our knee as it bled……..but ask me bout the second time it happened ……I don’t really recall the pain as much……….

As we older I guess, I don’t think we realize these lessons we learnt until we fall again………so what happens when it’s with your best friend ……… and what happens when fairy tales are aesop’s fables, with those morals at the end …….

He taught me to trust my instincts…….the very ones I regret dismissing when most required, he taught me to love….. only to make me hate, he taught how to believe in myself ………as he crushed my spirit , ……..he taught me valuable lessons in life …….he taught me how to survive in this world without losing myself.

6 comments:

S said...

Ok Loki, that was a good first blog....now I want another one tomorrow !!! and hey, this is my first comment, waiting to write lots !!!

Kiran Vaidya said...

I liked the simplicity of ur first post. But ur a copycat..i had scripted something similar here http://kiranpv.wordpress.com/2007/03/13/falling-in-love%e2%80%a6explained/ ;)

And some technical stuff like IF loops really surprised me.

gr8 post..looking fwd for more..

loki said...

i did not read your 'falling in love' post before, so i cannot be a copy cat !!!!! btw feelings are universal and hence not subject to copyright ...... but lets assume that they are..... you would be violating the same....listen to the country song
'why they call it fallin'.....

however , the emphasis of the blog was not on the fallin aspect but rather on the subsequent effects....

ok now that i've probably freaked you out, i have a question, from where did you get the inspiration for your 'broken clip' blog. the conversation mentioned sounds strangely familiar ???????

loki said...

hey read a few blogs of yours to avoid a similar overlap of emotions..... ,loved the 'moist moment' one

S said...

now can we get another blog...or u plan to be "one-blog-wonder"?? at least i cud have a break reading some of ur stuff....

Unknown said...

Very good for a first post, very lucid writing style...and honest expression of feelings comes across very well ..esp liked the paradox of falling in love.